Ready? Squat; Go!
India, a land of treasures, is often left unexplored in the race to ape the west. As the world looks to India for inspiration, it is high time we, Indians, honour some of our ancient practices that were seeped in science.
Yoga. Turmeric Lattés. Karma. And the list now includes Squatty Potty!
Toilet thrones aka commodes may have taken the strain off the body but they put more strain (internally) than we realise. Confused? Read on!
‘Not only does squatting provide a clearer exit for your bowel movements, but it also gives some of the job of emptying your bowels to gravity, thereby cutting down on the strain on your muscles as you poop!’
So do we mean that we need to get rid of our commodes?! The change from sitting to squatting is not so easy, we agree. That’s where innovation comes in. Make way for the Squatty Potty Toilet Stool!
The Squatty Potty Toilet Stool is a portable raised platform that turns the seated position on a toilet into a squat.
Here’s how to squatty potty:
- sit with your knees higher than your hips (Squatty Potty Toilet Stool to the rescue)
- lean forward and put your elbows on your knees
- relax and bulge out your stomach
- straighten your spine
- and go!
The Squatty Potty Toilet Stool changes body position to be more in line with what is natural for humans for defecation. It thus:
- prevents constipation, bloating, straining, haemorrhoids, and fissures
- aids digestion by pressing, pressurising, and churning food in the stomach
- clears the colon by fully removing stool from the body
- prevents colon cancer
- provides clearer exit for bowel movements
And the biggest advantage? Time-Saving!
Countless hours are being spent in the toilet because one carries their cell phone in there. Sitting contracts the puborectalis muscle, literally choking the rectum. Thus, it takes longer to do the business, leading to distraction during the wait…
The Squatty Potty Toilet Stool helps the bowel to empty in a straight line. Everyone is in and out in record time leading to more productive hours in a day! ;)